Alright blog family… it is the official final leg of this particular NYC visit. The excitement of returning to Australia is churning in my belly for many many reasons… too many to list in fact. On that note, it’s been some time since we’ve had a top 10, I reckon one’s due!
TOP 10 REASONS I’M EXCITED TO RETURN TO AUSTRALIA
9. Being able to get an Aussie beer that isn’t Fosters
8. Moving back to Melbourne from Brisbane
7. Getting far from the Kardashians
6. Opportunities to call people ‘Mate’ with sincerity
5. Wearing flip flops without feeling like white trash
4. A much less oppressive media than the States (for now…)
3. My MATES!!
2. THE PUPPIES!!!
1. … THE PUPPIES!!!I
Ink is spilling.
I cling tight, but I’ve heard a lot let go.
The loud crash of when gripping gets too hard.
I leave fingernail grooves, a struggle show.
I’m not the type to be captured off guard,
can’t categorize what I crave and chase.
Existence on terms of what I believe.
No sugar coating required, silk or lace.
Truth to Self. The highest honour achieved.
Perplexity living in plastic times,
when material things are meant to soothe.
Satisfaction in saying ‘This is mine.’
A suit and high heels with something to prove.
Contentment within says you’ve travelled far.
Don’t let society say who you are.